In mid-April Max Baucus one of the authors of Obamacare and a major proponent of the law made the following statement to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sibelius at a Senate hearing.
Unfortunately only 11,723 people watched this 29 second You Tube. The traditional media gave his statement sound bite coverage without explaining the reasons for him saying Obamacare is going to be a "train wreck."
West Virginia Senator Jay Rockerfeller said Obamacare is beyond comprehension.
Only 157 people looked at this You Tube whick has been up for 3 weeks.
It would have been a good idea for congress to have read and understood the bill.
Meanwhile, congressional leaders in both parties have been engaged for months now in high-level, secretive confidential talks about exempting lawmakers and Capitol Hill aides from Obamacare’s health insurance exchanges that they are mandated to join as part of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul, sources in both parties said.
These talks involve the Obama administration, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), along with other top lawmakers.
“These talks are extraordinarily sensitive, with both sides acutely aware of the potential for political fallout in the 2014 mid term elections from giving carve-outs from the hugely controversial law to 535 lawmakers and thousands of their aides. “
Politico along with other Internet news agencies has been the only news agency to have in depth coverage of this attempt to exempt congress and its aids from Obamacare and its health insurance exchanges.
Henry Chao, the Administration’s chief technical official in charge of the implementation of the Obamacare’s health insurance exchanges, “just hopes that Americans can avoid a “third-world experience.”
Why would both Democrats in congress want to avoid participating in Obamacare and its health insurance exchanges?
We need to be reminded that the Democrats had overwhelming majorities in both houses of congress at the time of passage of the law in 2009 without a single Republican vote.
I am reminded of Nancy Pelosi’s argument for Obamacare's passage.
Congress is content to let the rest of us suffer.
What is congress afraid of?
- Higher healthcare costs for themselves, their families and their aides.
- Being mandated into Obamacare’s health insurance exchanges will result in them not qualifying for government subsidy.
- Congresspersons and their aids could also lose their employer-based coverage.
- This is also true for millions of ordinary Americans.
- They would also face higher costs of insurance through health insurance exchange.
- Every policy the healthcare insurance industry sells will be taxed. It will result in passing the tax on to the policy holders.
- Contrary to the President’s promises, independent analysts expect health insurance premiums to
rise sharply, particularly for younger workers and their families.
1. They fear the impact on Capitol Hill employment.
2. The increase in healthcare insurance costs “could lead to a ‘brain drain’ on Capitol Hill, as several sources close to the talks put it.”
3. Ordinary Americans who run businesses are also faced with the same problem. President Obama and Democratic congressmen have refused to be responsive to the dilemma faced by ordinary businessmen.
4. American business owner fear they will not be able to hire or retain valued employees.
5. These businessmen are presently reducing full-time workers to part-time employees in order to avoid Obamacare’s mandatory insurance coverage or penalty.
6. This will have the consequence of increasing the unemployment rate and decreasing consumer spending.
7. In turn it will create an unending spiral which will seriously impact economic growth.
8. The question Americans must ask is “what about me.”
The Obama administration and congress have done similar things before in their effort to passing Obamacare.
Obamacare was passed using backroom dealings such as the “Cornhusker Kickback,” the “Louisiana Purchase,” and the threats to political careers.
This congressional exemption also brings back memories of (more than 1,200 waivers) to favored businesses and unions who received special exemptions from Obamacare’s insurance rules.
“If Congress quietly wants to exempt itself from Obamacare, that’s great—so long as it includes the rest of us in that midnight amendment.”
If you are "mad as hell and do not want to take this anymore" sign this petition.
Please click on this link to sign up and send the link on to your friends.
This is the petition
Senator Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader
Rep. Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader
You told me we had to pass
Obamacare to find out what was in it. Now your gold-standard health insurance
is on the chopping block as Obamacare is implemented.
If the tin-plated plan is good enough for me, my family, and my friends, it is good enough for you and your staff.
You passed the law -- now live with it like the rest of us. Or overturn the whole rotten thing!
Stop the effort by liberal Democrats to seek an exemption from Obamacare for Members of Congress and their staff.
Some of us will remember Walter Cronkite’s signature was ending each newscast with the phrase, "And that's the way it is".
I am adding this “it is now up to you ladies and gentlemen.”
Please sign the petition. Thank you.
The opinions expressed in the blog “Repairing The Healthcare System” are, mine and mine alone
Please have a friend subscribe